Auguste Rodin is a French sculptor and author, famous for his book “Rodin on Art and Artists“.
Here, we present selected quotes by Auguste Rodin –
- The main thing is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live. Be a man before being an artist!
2. Patience is also a form of action.
3. I invent nothing, I rediscover.
4. To the artist there is never anything ugly in nature.
5. The more simple we are, the more complete we become.
6. The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire.
7. The artist is the confidant of nature, flowers carry on dialogues with him through the graceful bending of their stems and the harmoniously tinted nuances of their blossoms. Every flower has a cordial word which nature directs towards him.
8. I am like a moon that shines on an immense, unknown sea where ships never pass.
9. Even with all the documents, you can never forge nature.
10. It is the artist who is truthful, while the photographer is mendacious; for, in reality, time never stops cold.
11. There is grace in elegance, but beyond grace there is perfection.
12. All is beautiful to him because he walks forever in the light of spiritual truth.
Subscribe !NS¡GHT to never miss out on our events, contests and best reads! Or get a couple of really cool reads on your phone every day, click here to join our Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.