- Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world but has not solved one yet.
— Maya Angelou
2. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.
3. An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.
— Mahatma Gandhi
4. If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, that’s a problem. Peace and love are eternal.
— John Lennon
5. Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
— Albert Einstein
6. Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace.
— Roy T. Bennett
7. Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
— Albert Schweitzer
8. The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.
— Marianne Williamson
9. For a day, just for one day, talk about that which disturbs no one and bring some peace into your beautiful eyes.
— Shams Al Din Mohammad Hafez
10. Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses nature leads, or you shall learn nothing. I have only begun to learn content and peace of mind since I have resolved at all risks to do this.
— Thomas Huxley
11. You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.
— Wayne W. Dyer
12. You’ll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
— George Bernard Shaw
13. Watch any plant or animal and let it teach you acceptance of what is, surrender to the Now.
— Eckhart Tolle
14. The more humble and obedient to God a man is, the more wise and at peace he will be in all that he does.
— Thomas à Kempis
15. Go in the direction of where your peace is coming from.
— C. JoyBell C.
Tell us, in the comments, which one you liked the most. Also let us know what quotes you would like to read next!